Awards up to $300.00
Applications are Available HERE.
The members of the Moon Township Garden Club are excited to offer our community a new
opportunity to expand learning experiences in the classroom. We are offering an educational
grant ($300.00) to several members of the Moon Area School District staff to plan a hands-on
project which studies the wonders and beauty of nature. Projects may include studies in the
fields of Biology, Botany, Ecology, Entomology, Environmental Concerns/Sciences, Green
Architecture/ Engineering, Microbiology, Wildlife Science, Zoology, and/or other related or
Students will have the chance to work and investigate natural phenomena that
may spark a future interest/love in studying nature.
- Applicants for the Moon Township Garden Club Educator Grant must:
- Be an educator in the Moon Area School District
- Plan a project that takes place on the school grounds, but may include fieldwork
- Complete the attached application form
- Provide a complete description of project by including the following:
- Summary of the project.
- Lesson plan which includes Objectives and Standards
- Lessons must be Research or Inquiry Based
- Grade or age level of the student group for which the program is designed
- The estimated cost of the project
- Method of Evaluation
- Prepare a summary and/or video at the conclusion of the project which will be shared
- with the members of the Moon Township Garden Club.
- Electronically submit the applications to Mrs. Canan at email@example.com
- At the conclusion of the project, submit the total costs incurred, along with receipts to Mrs. Canan at firstname.lastname@example.org