The cover photo was submitted by 2022 Garden Club member Alicia Li!
Join us for a family craft at Moon Parks Earth Day 4/23!
Come join us at Moon Parks and Recreation’s Earth Day event in the basketball courts at Moon Park on Sunday, April 23, 2023 1-3pm
Learn all about birds!
Make crafts for our feathered friends!
NEW! MASD educator grant applications accepted on a rolling basis
Awards up to $300.00
Applications are Available HERE.
The members of the Moon Township Garden Club are excited to offer our community a new
opportunity to expand learning experiences in the classroom. We are offering an educational
grant ($300.00) to several members of the Moon Area School District staff to plan a hands-on
project which studies the wonders and beauty of nature. Projects may include studies in the
fields of Biology, Botany, Ecology, Entomology, Environmental Concerns/Sciences, Green
Architecture/ Engineering, Microbiology, Wildlife Science, Zoology, and/or other related or
Students will have the chance to work and investigate natural phenomena that
may spark a future interest/love in studying nature.
- Applicants for the Moon Township Garden Club Educator Grant must:
- Be an educator in the Moon Area School District
- Plan a project that takes place on the school grounds, but may include fieldwork
- Complete the attached application form
- Provide a complete description of project by including the following:
- Summary of the project.
- Lesson plan which includes Objectives and Standards
- Lessons must be Research or Inquiry Based
- Grade or age level of the student group for which the program is designed
- The estimated cost of the project
- Method of Evaluation
- Prepare a summary and/or video at the conclusion of the project which will be shared
- with the members of the Moon Township Garden Club.
- Electronically submit the applications to Mrs. Canan at firstname.lastname@example.org
- At the conclusion of the project, submit the total costs incurred, along with receipts to Mrs. Canan at email@example.com
Audubon Society presents Backyard Bird Habitat class at Moon Public Library March 20
|Do you love birds, gardening and nature?|
Come visit Moon Library with the Audubon Society of Western Pennsylvania.
They will be here with tons of information on backyard habitats and our native birds!
Program: Building a Backyard Bird Habitat
Did you know that Pennsylvania is host to well over 300 species of birds throughout the year? This program discusses how we can help sustain birds during the year using bird-friendly native woody plants and ways to prepare your landscape to support birds.
Attendees will learn how specific native plants found in Western Pennsylvania can enhance your yard and help attract different bird species.
Monday March 20th at 6:30 pm
Location: Moon Library SkyRoom
For adults 18 +. Registration required.
|Register at www.moonlibrary.org to attend!|
Caladium Orders this Week!
Join Hollow Oak Land Trust at the 7th Annual Brewhaha March 25!
Buy Tickets and Learn More Here!
7th Annual Brewhaha
March 25 @ 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm
Hollow Oak Land Trust will host the 7th Annual Brewhaha at Mayernik Center at Avonworth Community Park.
Brewhaha features ten of Pittsburgh’s finest craft breweries, along with a 5-Course Pairings Menu by Chef Chaz Smith.
Featured Breweries include: Cinderlands Beer Co., Emlenton Brew Haus, Altered Genius, 11th Hour Brewing Company, Allegheny City Brewing Company, Cobblehaus Brewing Company, Dancing Gnome, Trace Brewing, Coal Tipple Brewery, and Old Thunder!
This year’s event will feature a special VIP hour from 6:00-7:00pm!
GA access begins at 7:00pm. Your GA ticket to the Brewhaha includes: a silent auction, raffles, prizes, and music, gourmet food and beer pairings, and souvenir tasting glass!